Bowling for Columbine [videorecording] / United Artists and Alliance Atlantis present a Salter Street Films and VIF 2 production, a Dog Eat Dog Films production ; producers, Michael Moore, Kathleen Glynn, Jim Czarnecki, Charles Bishop, Michale Donovan ; written and directed by Michael Moore.
- 7 of 7 copies available at Sage Library System. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lake County Library District.
0 current holds with 7 total copies.
Summary:The United States of America is notorious for its astronomical number of people killed by firearms for a developed nation without a civil war. With his signature sense of angry humor, activist filmmaker Michael Moore sets out to explore the roots of this bloodshed.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Circulation Modifier||Age Hold Protection||Active/Create Date||Status||Due Date|
|Christmas Valley Branch Library||DVD 363.33 BOWLING (Text)||37620000871733||DVD||DVD||System_Only_3months||02/24/2017||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0792854845
- ISBN: 9780792854845
- Physical Description: 1 videodisc (119 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Publisher: [United States] : MGM Home Entertainment, , c2002.
Special features include: audio introduction by writer and director, Michael Moore; audio commentary by interns and production assistants from the film; original theatrical trailer.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. Morning in America 2. North Country Bank 3. Mike's first gun 4. Chris Rock 5. Michigan Militia 6. James Nichols 7. Oscoda Boys 8. Littleton 9. Wonderful world 10. Columbine 11. Heston at NRA Rally 12. South Park / Matt Stone 13. Scary kids 14. Marilyn Manson 15. "Was it the bowling?" 16. We're #1 17. A brief history of America 18. Fear of everything 19. Fear of black men 20. Suburban guns 21. L.A. cops 22. Corporate cops 23. Oh, Canada! 24. Unlocked doors 25. Little Kayla 26. The other victim 27. "Welfare to work" 28. Fear and ammo 29. Returning the merchandise 30. K-Mart 31. Charlton Heston 32. Mike bowling / Credits.
|Creation/Production Credits Note:||
Director of photography, Brian Danitz, Michael McDonough ; editor, Kurt Engfehr ; music, Jeff Gibbs.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Michael Moore; Charlton Heston is also interviewed.
The United States of America is notorious for its astronomical number of people killed by firearms for a developed nation without a civil war. With his signature sense of angry humor, activist filmmaker Michael Moore sets out to explore the roots of this bloodshed.
|Target Audience Note:||
MPAA rating: R, for some violent images and language.
|System Details Note:||
DVD, Dolby digital; region 1; NTSC; 16x9 widescreen (1.85:1).
Soundtrack in English (5.1 surround), with English and Spanish subtitles.
Academy Awards, 2003: Best Documentary, Features (Michael Moore, Michael Donovan)
Cannes Film Festival, 2002: 55th Anniversary Prize (Michael Moore)
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Columbine High School (Littleton, Colo.)
Gun control > United States.
School shootings > Colorado > Littleton.
Films for the hearing impaired.